|Date and Time||Thursday, February 21, 2013 to Friday, February 22, 2013 – 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
|Location||Institute for Peace and Secular Studies – Office # 709 Al Qadir Heights, 1 Babar Block, New Garden Town, Lahore|
OBJECTIVESThe peace camp aims to help participants learn ways to
1. Be in peace with themselves;
2. Live in harmony with others;
3. Respect diversity;
4. Be responsible citizens of their motherlands;
5. Become agents of peace in the world.
In order to impart suitable information and ideas, and to facilitate learning of appropriate skills, we will use guided experiential and interactive procedures, which involve learning by doing, such as role-playing, more than lectures and discussions.
Qualify only who
1. Have demonstrated commitment to peace, communal harmony and/or human rights; and are willing to continue practicing after the camp is over, what they have learnt in the camp;
2. Genuinely subscribe to the objectives of the camp;
3. Are willing to learn by doing and participating in interactive and physically active activities like role-playing, rather than by listening to lectures, arguing and debating;
4. Are dressed in comfortable, loose-fitting clothes, to allow easier, physically-active participation in the camp procedures;
5. Agree to be punctual and stay throughout the duration of the camp (10 a.m. to 5 p.m.) each day;
6. Are of diverse religious, sectarian, ethnic, regional, and caste backgrounds;
7. Have a valid email address (so that we can maintain contact with them after the camp is over);
8. Range in age between 21 and 35;
9. Do not exceed 20 in number; (Do include a couple of staff members or other trusted individuals, who may do similar camps on their own, later. Bu they should be able to stay throughout the camp, and not have to go in and out. NO OBSERVERS PLEASE, since they tend to adversely affect behavior and interactions of participants);
10. Include females as well as males.
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION
We will give away Certificates of Completion to ONLY those individuals, who have participated in the camp from its start to its end.
HOW TO REGISTER
Send an email of interest at: firstname.lastname@example.org with your Name, Age, contact number and Email. We shall get back to you.
Before receiving Certificates participants will be invited to take the following Pledge:
I will maintain peace within me;
I will respect the basic human rights of those who are different from me;
I will live in harmony with everyone around me;
I will be a good citizen of my motherland;
I will work for peace everywhere in the world.